September 26, 2007

Discovery Flight

Went on a discovery flight today with Firefly Aviation at Ben Epps Airport and basically got the bug for flying. I'm hooked. I had a great time and it was really exciting to sit in the seat of a Piper Warrior and take the controls. We went through a pre-flight check of the plane and we taxied out on the runway. The instructor and I flew around the airspace for about 45 minutes doing a couple of maneuvers, talking about my goals as a pilot and sightseeing some local Athens, GA landmarks. It's amazing to see things in perspective from 2500 feet(mean sea level). The instructor had some great credentials and we got along pretty well which is very important when choosing an instructor. Still need to a little more research before jumping into anything. Must avoid being impulsive when it comes to such an important decision. All and all the flight was amazing and I'm left wondering when I'll be behind the yoke once again.

No comments: