November 06, 2007

Two Great Books for Flight Training Introduction

So far in preparation for my future flight training, I have two great books under my belt: Your Pilot's License by Jerry A. Eichenberger and Stick and Rudder: An Explanation of the Art of Flying by Wolfgang Langewiesche.

Your Pilots License is a great book to begin with. It's very basic in its conception and it explains to you what to expect in training, how much it will cost, some flight theory, explanation of procedures, etc. Very much enjoyed it. I wanted a little bit more though.

Stick and Rudder was awesome. Very geared towards more flight theory and how the wings and the ailerons works, how wind behaves, how lift is lost and gained in relation to nose attitude and Angle of Attack, etc. It was an excellent second book to read to psyche me up for training. I highly recommend these two books to get you going in flight training.

No comments: