September 20, 2007

Choosing The Right Flight School

What I've read so far there is no right and better flight school. It seems the best choice is the one that follows and meets your aspirations as a pilot. My particular goal at this point is to get my Private Pilots Certificate and eventually get my CFI (Certified Flight Instructor Certificate) so I can teach flying to other students and gain some good airtime. With that being said, the most important thing to do now is focus on the quality of instruction for my PPL.

I'm looking at two schools. Firefly Aviation is local here in Athens and The Flight School of Gwinnett is 45 minutes down the road. I love the fact that Firefly is local and 5 minutes from where I live. That will definitely cut down on the costs when it comes comes to commuting. Less gas, more flexible with scheduling lessons, smaller school, etc. The Flight School of Gwinnett is Part 141 which makes the training more rigid but I'm not really convinced that matters much in my situation. Seems like they are more concerned with the marketing aspect of the rating to get people in.

No comments: