November 04, 2007

Log Time in a Piper PA-30 out of AHN

Friday afternoon I logged about 30 minutes of quality flight time in a Piper PA-30 Comanche with my girlfriends father. Did about a 15 minute pre-flight, taxied out and we were off! During the flight he taught me how to trim the plane (adjusting the trim tab on the elevator) so that you're not constantly adding pressure to the yoke making your arms fatigue quicker. It amazed me how little pressure is required once you do this. Did some navigation, some 30 degree turn maneuvers and plenty of sight seeing. I'm totally hooked. I was totally engaged the whole time I was in the air.

The desire is getting stronger and stronger to get my pilots certificate. My training should start pretty soon. I've decided that I'll do my training locally out of AHN with an independent flight instructor. Makes much more sense to me to do it this way since I'm not to keen on getting instruction from young lads just trying to build time for the majors.

No comments: